Friday 19 August 2011

One week to go...

Hi!

It's one week today until the opening of 'Trace' - the exhibition I have been organising, and have work in, at The Gallery, Masham. I've just finished getting the majority of my pictures framed, and have a few more smaller pieces to finish off. This time next week I'll probably be buying wine and nibbles, for the preview which starts at 7.30pm on the 26th. Anyone who reads this blog is invited to come along to the preview, which gives you a chance to see the exhibition before the general public. It also allows you to take in the show while sipping wine and munching the finest of nibbles - how civilised!

I really wanted all my work for this show to be new, though I am now tempted to pop in a couple of older pieces which fit the theme. But the majority of my work in Trace has never been on display. Here's one of the bigger pieces you see there...

'Going Home', Deconstructed Map Collage


I want to say a big thank you to all the other artists involved in Trace - everyone has been so enthusiastic, and has worked hard promoting the exhibition on thier own websites/twitter feeds etc. I'm sure it's going to be amazing, and I can't wait to see all the work when it gets delivered to The Gallery next week!

The other artists featured in Trace are:

Josie Beszant
Charlotte Morrison
Amanda Mercer
Angela Davies
Phiona Richards


To see more of the work featured in Trace, click here.

Hopefully I'll see you on Friday evening, but if you can't make it, Trace is on Display at The Gallery,Masham, until September the 26th.

Rosie x



No comments:

Post a Comment