Wednesday 22 May 2013

On the trail

Hello!

I've just returned from a little trip out to the lovely village of Saltaire, so I thought right now might be a good time to do a spot of blogging. I visited the UNESCO world heritage village, which is situated near Bradford to drop of a selection of my prints and pinned work for the Saltaire Arts Trail this weekend. It's my first year taking part in the event, but I had heard lots about it long before I decided to apply. The arts trail takes place over the whole of the bank holiday weekend, and gives visitors the opportunity to see contemporary art and craft in the perfect setting - inside the homes of many Saltaire residents! A great number of generous people are turning their kitchens, hallways and living rooms into galleries for the trail, each house hosting the work of a handful of artists and makers. My work will be on display at 1 Myrtle Place, home of the Saltaire Book Shop (number 10 on the trail), along with work by painter Claire West, printmaker Janine Denby, glass maker Lydia Haines and paper sculptors Bonkers Clutterbucks.



While you are in Saltaire perusing the open houses you can also pop into the Victoria Hall, and check out the Maker's Fair, or have a visit to the stunning Salts Mill. Or simply wander the streets, green with envy at the beautiful houses, as I did this morning.

I shall be back in Saltaire myself on Sunday, hanging out at my trail spot as well as taking a look at some of the other open houses, so do pop in and say hello! My goods friend Charlotte Morrison and Janis Goodman are also taking part in the open houses, and checking out the website I can see many more intriguing artists on the list....

Rosie x

No comments:

Post a Comment