Friday 2 March 2012

Print Print Print

Hello there,

I've just tested a new linocut and am pretty pleased with it, so thought I'd show you:


This print (of Fishers Hall in Hackfall) has not been printed on a press, but has instead been painstakingly burnished by me. As a result the colours are not as solid as they might be from a press, but I'm simply not strong enough!

Last week I made this print of Saltburn Pier:



Watch this space for more new prints in the coming weeks...

In other news, I am pleased to say that I will be taking part in the North Yorkshire Open Studios this year. The event runs over two weekends in June, and I will be displaying my work, along with fellow artists Charlotte Morrison (ceramics), Josie Beszant (mixed media) and Ian Scott Massie (painting/printmaking) at ArtisOn. For more information and to see the other artists taking part, visit the North Yorkshire Open Studios site.

Have a great weekend,
Rosie





No comments:

Post a Comment