Monday 1 October 2012

Another Dimension

Hello!

Last week I forgot to blog, having been swept up in a new way of making my collages.Having researched lots of interesting papercutting artists for my workshop at ArtisOn a few weeks ago, I felt inspired to try something new and add 'another dimension' to my small papercut collages, so I bought a pack of foam board and borrowed some dressmaking pins and got to work...

I had a great week and found it really addictive once I'd started. I've designed my papercuts in the same way as I normally do, but instead of gluing the finished piece down into board, I wanted to see how effective it would be if I pinned the pieces of paper to board, allowing space behind them to create depth and shadows. I must say I'm really pleased with the results and am looking forward to much more experimenting this week.

Here are my results so far:

The Banqueting House, Hackfall

Flamborough Head Lighthouse

Brizlee Tower, Alnwick

The Temple of Victory, Allerton Castle


I am researching follies at the moment as early preparation for my exhibition with Charlotte Morrison at Fountains Abbey next year. The dates have been confirmed - September 12th to 26th 2013. We are yet to decide on a title but the themes will focus on hidden paths, and unusual buildings. Put the dates in your diary and watch this space for more developments.

This week as well as working on my 3D pieces I'm going to be cracking on with my installation for Crafted by Hand. I will be installing an eye catching paper artwork in the entrance of Masham town hall for one day on October the 28th. Although I have my design idea confirmed, I have a lot of cutting out to do and now only 4 weeks to do it! here's a little taster of what to expect.



Have a great week,

Rosie x

No comments:

Post a Comment