Thursday 25 July 2013

Sunny visits and new exhibitions

Hello there!

Now that I'm thoroughly settled into my studio I have started working on a number of new pieces in preparation for my forthcoming exhibition Down Hidden Tracks. Having done a fair few small pieces so far, I have got stuck in with some larger projects, one of which I got finished today. A few weeks ago we took a lovely trip to Duncombe Park in Helmsley, where I dropped off my picture 'The Terrace Temples' to Mr.Duncombe himself! It is lovely to know that the piece is going to be displayed in the very place it's based on, and a huge compliment that someone so familiar with the temples likes the work. After handing over the picture we took a walk around the grounds and visited the temples in question, and I felt immediately inspired to start another papercut. The Ionic temple looked lovely in the sun and there was cow parsley everywhere - here is a snap I took on the day and my finished picture.


 

Tomorrow I am heading over to Wensleydale to assist in the hanging of my dad's solo exhibition Tales of the Dales. The exhibition, which officially opens on Saturday, July 27th, is inspired by stories, myths and rumours from the dales and moors. The exhibition of paintings and prints will be on display at Wensley Church until August 11th. I shall be enjoying a glass of wine at the church tomorrow evening for the exhibition preview, where an accompanying book about the exhibition is also being launched.

Finally, I have now finished my piece on the Triangular Lodge at Rushton. I'm very pleased with the piece, but is has given me some ideas around using a darker colour in the background, to ensure that the detail doesn't get lost. What do you think?



Have a great weekend!

Rosie x

No comments:

Post a Comment