Tuesday 31 May 2011

Tea and Sympathy


Its been a long time since I've posted, having had quite a busy month (and a few issues with signing into my account), I'm pleased to be blogging again!

I seem to have had a bottomless list of things to work on this month - I'm still putting together a selection of pictures to take up to The Biscuit Factory gallery in Newcastle, I have a few commissions to work on, and I have been preparing work for the new exhibition at Masham Gallery which opened last Friday. Having helped hang the exhibition last week, I'm really pleased about how it looks. My two new pieces are hanging alongside some great stuff, including some beautiful collages by Harriet Quilty, and amazing stitched sculputres by Priscilla Jones. I created a new deconstructed map picture for the show


and something slightly different - and collage on a OS map cover, titled 'A long way for a Cup of Tea'

Royal Academy Update

Last week, after nearly two months of waiting, I finally had a letter through the door! Unfortunately, both the pieces entered for the Royal Academy Summer Show were rejected. 11,000 pieces were entered, and although I didn't make it into the final show, one of my pieces was shortlisted. Maybe I'll have better luck next year!

Thats all from me this week!

Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment