Monday 6 June 2011

Beads, Maps and Books

On saturday I co-ran a workshop at ArtisOn titled Beads Beads Beads. My fellow tutor was local ceramicist Charlotte Morrison, and between us we made beads from Porcelain, Paper, Felt and Wire. I'm always nervous before a workshop, and this one was no different (especially because I'd had a small disaster with one of my proposed projects and had to change our lesson plan the day before!). We had a lovely group, a really enthusiastic bunch, and everyone came away inspired, including me.

Here are a few snaps from the day...






I thought I'd mention an exciting event coming up this weekend, just incase anyone reading is stuck for ideas of what to get up to. This Friday is the start of North Yorkshire Open Studios, an event which allows visitors to see into the workshops and studios of artists and craft makers all over the region. My co-tutor Charlotte is exhibiting her fantastic work up at ArtisOn, along with the work of mixed media artist Josie Beszant and painter/printmaker Ian Scott Massie.





A preview evening on Friday (from 7.30 - 9.30) is taking place onsite, a chance to meet the artists and also check out the new schedule of forthcoming workshops. Incidentally, I am running another workshop in July 31st, titled Collage, Inspired by Vintage. This workshop (co-run by Josie Beszant), is all about using recycled and vintage materials to create unique and unusual mixed media pieces. I will also be running a number of other workshops later in the year, so check out the new workshop schedule...

Have a great week!

Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment