Friday 24 June 2011

Something different...

Having finally got a big pile of work off to my framers, I'm feeling very relieved and relaxed today (I may be now, not sure how I'll feel when I get the bill), so I decided to try doing some slightly different work.

I've been focusing a lot on Coastal pictures lately, trying to appeal to some seaside galleries, so for the last couple of days I turned my attention to trees, and came up with two new pieces.





My collages used to incorporate quite a lot of paint, and I've returned to that style recently. I've also become a bit addicted to using envelopes to create skies and water - they really are fantastic materials for collage, as you can come across a wide variety of interesting patterns printed on the inside of them. Plus they're readily available, and I do like to recycle!

My next workshop at artisOn is all about collage. Myself and Josie Beszant will be doing projects inspired by some of the great collage artists of the 20th century, such as Peter Blake and Robert Rauschenberg. I'm really excited about this workshop, and extra pleased because it's already sold out!



Thats all from me, have a good weekend everyone- I'm going househunting!

Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment