Monday 12 September 2011

Hello!

If you've been keeping up with The Gallery's Facebook page, or my Twitter, you will know that Trace, the exhibition I have organised/curated, opened at The Gallery in Masham a few weeks ago. The exhibition preview was really well attended (thanks for coming everyone) and we have even had a few sales, including my largest collage, 'Going Home', which was sold, and removed from the exhibition on the first day! This was great news, however it meant that the beautiful exhibition suddenly had a large blank space on the wall....





Luckily, I had another Masham-based idea in mind, which I have just finished and will be taking to the framers tomorrow. Hopefully this will be ready in time for the last week of the exhibition. The piece is called 'Down the fields'.



My next workshop at ArtisOn is next Saturday, the 17th of September, and is called 'Jewellery - inspired by vintage'. I'm running this workshop with Josie Beszant, and we'll be teaching a number of brilliant projects incorporating vintage and recycled materials into necklaces, brooches and hair pieces. I've been researching and making some of the projects we'll be covering on the day, and here's a few of the things we've come up with.




This is an amazing reversable necklace, made from vintage dominos!



And here's a safety-pin brooch, using vintage, recycled and handmade materials.

I have two more workshops this year after this one, for more information, visit the ArtisOn website.

Thats all from me,

Rosie!

No comments:

Post a Comment