Monday 12 December 2011

Saltburn collage needs a home!

Hi there!

This week I'm going to be heading up to The Biscuit Factory in Newcastle to change round some work before Christmas. I'll be taking up a bunch of smaller pieces and bringing home one of my (much) bigger original works, this beautiful deconstructed map collage of the seaside town of Saltburn By The Sea (situated on the north east coast). The piece was made in spring this year, while I was working on a commission, and unfortunately lacked just one or two details that my customer wanted in her piece. It has been on display in Newcastle for a few months and sadly has had no takers. I love this piece, the colours really evoke the seaside-y spirit, and there are a number of details, such as the pier, which you will not find in any of my archive of previous works.



I would love to keep this piece, but that's not really in keeping with the whole 'making a living from selling paintings' thing, is it? So, I just wanted to make an appeal on it's behalf. The picture (which is approximately 45 inches tall and 35 inches wide) will be back with me by the end of this week, and will be residing in my flat/studio indefinitely. I would be more than happy to give seriously interested parties a viewing of the piece, and I may be persuaded to negotiate the price. Please get in touch by leaving me a comment either here on on my Twitter feed @underthecoldtap.

To see more available works please visit my Flickr site here.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment