Friday 20 January 2012

New(ish) Year, new plans....

Hello there!

It's a bit belated, but happy new year to everyone. I've been focusing on some of the less exciting aspects of being self employed for the last few weeks (paperwork basically), but am now back to cutting and sticking - hurrah!

First on the list is a commission I have been working on, which will hopefully be finished by the beginning of next week (should've been the end of this week but I had a mount-board ordering mishap). I don't want to give away too much before the intended recipient sees it, so here are a few super close-ups.






This next few weeks are all about development for me. Firstly, I am currently designing some linocuts, and am hoping that this discipline may become a permanent part of my practice. I was inspired in part by the wonderful piece I was given for Christmas, which is by Pam Grimmond. I absolutely love it.



Other inspiration comes from the likes of Angie lewin, Lynne Roebuck and Helen Peyton, who uses a method called Reduction Lino Printing, which I am particularly keen on trying.

The lino is ordered and the drawings are mounting up, so watch this space for results.

I am also developing a website, using an incredibly easy and FREE service called Weebly. I have already got quite far with it but may add a few more pages in before I publish. I'll let you know.

So as you can see, it's all plans plans plans at the moment, so I better get cracking.

Bye!

Rosie x

No comments:

Post a Comment