Monday 12 November 2012

Travels East and West

Hi!

I'm probably going to be spending most of today trying to unpack and tidy things after 9 days off, most of which was spend away, but I thought I'd send out a little blog about what I did on my holidays first...

Last weekend we went back to Saltburn, on the North East coast, for a few days of walking along the windswept beach, losing money in the arcade, and eating/drinking too much. Saltburn was as beautiful as ever and this time we got to use the water powered cliff lift which was very cool.






After recovering from our weekend at home for a couple of nights, we set out on journey number 2, this time heading west to the Lake District, for a couple of nights near Ambleside. Slightly damper weather this time, but still a wonderful little holiday with stunning views (and again, lots of food and drink). And I even got to see a couple of follies, like Claife Station (below), just above lake Windermere.





Back to work now, and my first job is to start preparing for my final workshop of 2012, which is in two weeks time. I haven't been paying much attention to the shops and tv, but it seems that Christmas really has landed and my workshop, Handmade Christmas Decorations and Papercraft, will certainly get you in the festive mood. Spaces are still available so check out the ArtisOn website if you're interested.



Lastly, my latest collection of work, which I've been generally referring to as my 'Pinned' pictures, will be on sale in Masham Gallery as part of their Treasure exhibition from next week, so if you're intrigued to see them close up, now's your chance!

Have a great week x


No comments:

Post a Comment