Wednesday 28 November 2012

New places and new work

Hi!

It's amazing how long it takes to really get back to normal after a week away - I seem to have spent the last few weeks not really concentrating and finding the prospect of Christmas far more interesting than work. Having said that, I've got a decent amount done, and am pleased to say I'm soon to have my work in a few more places, so I can't complain!

I've finally turned my attention back to printmaking, having got so carried away on a wave of pinned papercuts that the old lino has been shelved for some time. Given that follies have started to completely dominate my work I thought I'd give one a go in print, and have come up with this piece. It's my third picture of the Temple Folly, near Swinithwaite in Wensleydale.

The Temple Folly, Wensleydale

I'm pleased to say that my linocuts will soon be on display in a brand new store called Chirpy in Chapel Allerton, Leeds. Chirpy is a lovely little place, stocking quirky home items, prints, and lots of lovely accessories created by independent suppliers. The store opens this weekend, and owner Harriet will be there celebrating, so if you fancy joining her visit the Chirpy website to find out more. I will be dropping my work off next week, and I'm really excited to be part of an exciting new project.

I am also really pleased that I will be supplying the Heart Gallery in Hebden Bridge with some new pinned papercuts as of early 2013. Back in 2008, when I had just started making and selling a few collages, Alison at the Heart very kindly supported me and included some of my pieces in an exhibition. 4 years on, my work has changed a huge amount (though having said that I'm still obsessed with maps and gouache paint) and couldn't be happier to be taking some pictures to such a lovely gallery, in one of my favourite towns. All I have to do now is find some exciting subjects in the west Yorkshire area to re-create in papercut form!

If you fancy having a closer look at my latest collection of work, my pinned papercuts, they are currently in Masham Gallery as part of the Treasure exhibition. So if you're stuck for a Christmas present for someone with exceptional taste, you know where to go....

The Fox Tower, Brough


Thats all from me, have a good week.

Rosie x









No comments:

Post a Comment