Thursday 14 February 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

Hello there!

I would normally send out a blog on a Friday, but I'm going to be enjoying a special day off tomorrow to have a look at a few houses (exciting!), so I thought I'd send out a little update today instead.

I've been working this week on a small selection bound for The Biscuit Factory, Newcastle. I will be exhibiting alongside a fantastic array of contemporary artists in the Spring show, opening on March 8th. So far I have four pieces for them, including 3 brand new ones, and I may get another completed in time. I tried to find an interesting selection of subjects from around the North East, and ended up going back to one of my favourite subjects; The Zetland building in Saltburn-By-The-Sea. I think this must be my 6th work including this former grand hotel, but I just love it. I finished  this one this morning, which is quite appropriate since I spent last Valentine's day in Saltburn.



I decided it was high time I tackled at least one of the Tyne's lovely bridges, so went with my personal favourite, the swing bridge.



...And I finally had an excuse to have a go at a particularly gorgeous folly at Gibside Hall, near Gateshead. The Banqueting House is actually a self catering property, and is leased by the Landmark Trust if you're tempted (I am!).



Finally I had a lovely bit of news this week - the good people at Saltaire Arts Trail have accepted my application to take part in their Open House weekend in May. This means that somewhere in the UNESCO world heritage village of Saltaire my work will be on display in someone's living room, along with lots of other artists including my good friends Janis Goodman and Charlotte Morrison. Hooray!

Well, have a great Valentine's day, eat lots of chocolate and enjoy the rest of the week.



Rosie x





No comments:

Post a Comment