Friday 22 February 2013

Pictures of Home

Hey!

This week I've not been up to much actual 'making', so I'll keep this blog brief. In a time when I have a huge amount of pieces to make, suddenly I feel a bit restless and distracted, and don't feel like doing much. Typical! I've been looking at Cambridge a lot lately as I'm involved in an exhibition at Cambridge Contemporary Art in April, but I had the urge this week to jump ahead and make a start on my work for Paperworks, the exhibition I am curating at Masham Gallery in May.



I'm really excited about this show, the selection of work will be amazing and will certainly showcase the medium of paper brilliantly. I'm also excited about the work I will be supplying for it, as I feel I can have a crack at some subjects I've been meaning to work on for a while. Such as York!
York has been my home for over 3 years now, and yet I have only ever made one York collage (of Bootham Bar, below), despite the unbelievable array of beautiful buildings here. I would like to think that this year I'll get a chance to work on lots of York pieces, and I've started with one of my favourite buildings, The Treasurer's House, located behind the Chapter House of the Minister.

Bootham Bar, 2012


The Treasurer's House, 2013


I'm looking forward to working on more, and after a walk around the walls last week I am full of inspiration.

One more thing - I will be dropping off four new pictures at The Biscuit Factory in Newcastle this weekend, which will be on display as part of their spring exhibition from March 8th.

Have a great weekend!

Rosie x

No comments:

Post a Comment