Friday 1 March 2013

Pins and paper

Hi!

I've just been uploading some pictures of the two pieces I've finished this week, and couldn't help noticing the amount of work I've produced so far this year. I feel like I've been going straight from one project to another, and my work output certainly reflects that. I'm really pleased about this, as not only have I increased my productivity by a good amount from last year, but I'm pretty pleased with the pictures themselves. I know using phrases such as 'increased productivity' doesn't chime with the romantic image of an artist following their inspiration, but it's great feeling like I have lots of work to do, and even better knowing that I'm getting through it. There have been a number of times in the last couple of years when I was desperate for a project, and a deadline, so having lots in place this year is a good thing.

It seems I have the humble dressmaking pin to thank for this, as this latest collection of my work has proved very popular so far. I must admit I really enjoy the process of pinning the papercut pieces, and it's much cleaner and less gluey than my other papercuts!

Pinning my latest papercut.


If you are interested in seeing some of my new pinned work, visit The Biscuit Factory in March, Cambridge Contemporary Art in April and Masham Gallery in May - that way you'll see brand new pieces in their relevant locations!

Here are the new pieces I've finished this week:

The Round Church, Cambridge



King's College Gate, Cambridge


Have a great weekend!

Rosie x

No comments:

Post a Comment