Friday 17 May 2013

Opening Night...

Hello!

Last week I was enjoying a nice few days away in Norway, having a little bit of time off before a very busy week this week. The exhibition I have been organising at Masham Gallery is opening this evening, and I've spent the week hanging the show, arranging beautiful paper objects, printing prices and crossing my fingers for a successful preview evening! It was like Christmas in the gallery on Tuesday, unwrapping all the lovely deliveries from the Paperworks artists, and enjoying a cup of tea with Sarah Morpeth, who dropped this beautiful piece off.

Bee Book, Sarah Morpeth


I am really excited to be unveiling some new pieces of mine too, as over the last few months I've come up with a few pics that I'm particularly happy with. My personal favourite for this exhibition is this latest depiction of the banqueting house, Hackfall. I love this subject and have included it in pinned pieces, collages and prints before, but I think this piece is the best so far!



The opening of Paperworks is the first in a string of events over the next month - next week a small collection of my work will be on display in the lovely village of Saltaire for their Art Festival. I am taking part in their incredible Open Houses project, which allows visitors to take a tour around the homes of Saltaire residences as they display contemporary art and craft from a huge collection of artists and makers. The event runs over the whole bank holiday weekend, and I will be there on Sunday to chat to visitors. You can find me at 1 Myrtle Place!

The following weekend I'm tutoring Vintage Jewellery - From Drab to Fab with Josie Bezant at ArtisOn. We'll be covering so much that I can't possible detail it here, have a look at the ArtisOn site for more details. And finally.....for the middle two weekends in June I will be back at ArtisOn for North Yorkshire Open Studios! More on that soon.

So as you can see, a busy month is ahead. I better get to work. If you fancy a glass of wine and an exclusive first look at Paperworks, do drop by tonight to Masham Gallery at 7.30pm!

Have a great weekend
Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment