Monday 16 December 2013

Hi there!

As of last week I finally finished my commissions for Christmas, and although it's great to have got everything done, it was lovely to have so many interesting subjects to work on. It was especially nice to have a couple of challenges, such as tackling the subject of Oregon, and attempting to capture the incredible detail within the Brocklesby Park Mausoleum. I took a few snaps throughout the process of cutting and pinning so you can see some of the steps.

Oregon papercut, private commission
Rockingham Mausoleum, private commission

Brocklesby Mausoleum, initial drawing




 

Brocklesby Mausoleum in November.


Now the pictures are done I am getting a few unexciting but unavoidable chores done (such as printing off receipts) before a little break over Christmas. I am also trying to get some plans in place for 2014 - I am hoping that you will see my work in more galleries around Yorkshire over the next year, as well as at some more art fairs and open studios events. I will have to keep you posted!

For now have a great festive season!

Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment