Tuesday 26 November 2013

Towers and Temples

Hello!

This month I have been working on a number of interesting commissions, both big and small. As well as finally getting the chance to work on one of my favourite buildings, The OXO Tower, I've been enjoying the challenge of working on an international piece based on Oregon.

 
I have also just started working on the piece based on the beautiful Mausoleum on the Brocklesby Estate, which I was lucky enough to visit this week. Apparently one of the best preserved buildings of it's kind, the Mausoleum, which is private but open to public on certain occasions, has some incredible carvings and an amazing interior, though sadly no electricity hence the slightly dull pics! I felt very privileged to be allowed off season access to such a breath taking building, despite it being a chilly 8am visit!
 



After a long break over summer I am suddenly back in workshop mode, with three different creative courses over as many weeks. Over the weekend I ran a collage course with some really impressive results, and next weekend I am getting all festive with my Christmas Cards, Tags and Decorative Papercrafts course. I've been preparing by making a few pretty examples, and it is certainly helping me accept the fact that winter is well and truly on it's way.


Meanwhile, I am a little late in announcing that I now have some work in the stunning Bils and Rye gallery in Nunnington. If you haven't ever visited I would thoroughly recommend it (not simply so you can see three of my location appropriate pieces). It was lovely to see the work of fellow papercutter Jimmy Brunt on display there, so I know I'm in good company.




That's it from me, wrap up warm!
Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment