Friday 12 August 2011

New work...

It's been nearly a month since I've last blogged - I'm currently living in two houses, trying to get my internet connection sorted out. Moving is fun!


Quite a lot has been happening in the last month; I've finished two commissions which I'm really pleased with, I ran a workshop on collage at ArtisOn, and I'm currently putting together all my work for Trace, an exhibition I've organised at The Gallery, Masham, which opens on the 26th of August. Read on for more...

As you may recall, earlier this year I journeyed to Saltburn-On-The-Sea for the day, and subsequently began working on a picture for a friend who owns a beautiful Victorian house there. It's taken a while to get everything right, but I'm really pleased to say that last friday, the finished, framed work was collected by a thoroughly happy customer. Here's the finished piece.



I have also been working on a piece based on an area of Staffordshire, for another friend (don't worry, I did get paid for both of these), which I also finished last week. This one I'm particularly pleased with, as I used a selection of colours that I very rarely use, and wasn't entirely sure how things were going to turn out. But it's great, if I do say so myself.



For the next few weeks all the work I'm doing is on the Trace exhibition, which also features the work of Charlotte Morrison, Amanda Mercer, Angela Davies, Phiona Richards and Josie Beszant. The exhibition opens with a preview on the evening of the 26th of August - 7.30pm - 9pm. Please come along for a glass of wine! Here's some of the work for Trace, to tempt you along...







Thats all from me for now,
Rosie



No comments:

Post a Comment